Friday, May 7, 2010

19 week appt.

On Tuesday, we went in to the high risk doctor (my first visit with him) to do an in depth scan and check for CDH. I also saw his nurse beforehand, and my regular doctor after, which made for a SUPER long day. My u/s appt. was at 12:30, but the actual u/s didn't start until 1:30! I didn't leave the hospital until almost 5:15!!!! It was crazy, but... a good day!

We found out Gatlin is def. a boy.... and he doesn't appear to have CDH!!!! His stomach was right where he was supposed to be and his heart was in the middle of his chest.. and there was a diaphragm separting the areas!!!

I was hoping to get the "all clear", but we still have to go back in 4 weeks on June 1st to have a scan to check Gatlin's heart to make sure it is all good. The doctor said everything he could see looked "good", but that they didn't get a good look at everything and he wants a better look. Also, my placenta was a little low.. not too concerning yet, but something they will be watching.

I am really starting to get excited about Gatlin coming! Don't get me wrong, I've been excited... but cautious. I am starting to get less cautious. :-) I am ready to get in his room and redo his nursery! Right now it is pink/geen with pink carpet, so we have alot of work to do!! Luckily, I only have 14 more days of school/work, then I will have some free time to fix Gatlin's room all up for him!

Gatlin also moves around ALOT. I feel like he moves more than Maxton did... but I am not sure. Maybe I don't remember Max moving too much.... I dunno. Anyways, that's the update...

Enjoy the pictures of our boy. He was so cute during the ultrasound. It lasted about 1 and a 1/2 hours and he was being super cute.... and refused to show his face. The tech kept trying to get pictures of it and he would always have his hand over it. :-) Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure.



In this one, you can see his face/profile and his hand right over it. :-) Stubborn boy!





This is a front view of Gatlin;s face and you can see his arm of the left covering his eye..... he already hates pictures. hehe

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful news. I am so happy for you.
    Take care & God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful news, Ashley! I'm so happy for you guys! I will continue to send positive thoughts your way!

    ...and don't work TOO hard on that nursery! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to hear that Gatlin is healthy. Dont fret too much about the 4 week follow up for the heart. We had to do the same thing with Joseph and he arrived absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that everything is looking good!

    ReplyDelete